Asthma Natural Home Remedies with Ayurvedic Treatment for Asthma
Ayurvedic Treatment for Asthma is the major health problem that interfere with daily activities of the person.
Asthma is the common respiratory system disease in which airway will be narrow and swell, also may produce extra mucus.
This can make breathing difficulty and coughing, a whistling sound and shortness of breath.
- Shortness of breath
- Chest tightness or pain
Trouble sleeping caused by shortness of breath
- Loss of appetite
- Lack of sleep
- Exercise in some people
- Exposure to cold and dry air
- Allergy triggered by chemical fumes, gases, dust, pollen, dust, pet.
- Triggering factors varies from person to person.
: In Ayurvedic Treatment for Asthma is refered as Tamaka shwasa
Tamaka shwasa is one of the types of shwasa affecting pranavahasrotas.
Kapha and vata dosha are mainly vitiated in Tamaka shwasa causing following lakshanas:
Vata dosha aggrevated, begin to move in upward direction, aggrevated kapha causes breathing difficulty.
Pain in neck, head, chest with cough and loss of appetite.
The person will feel difficulty in breathing when lying on bed and feels comfortable in sitting position.
Ayurveda Medication and panchakarma treatment helps to control the symptoms and frequency of attack.
In initial stage, Asthma can be easily treated by home remedies, Ayurveda meditations, diet and lifestyle changes also by avoiding triggering factors.
Natural home remedies in Ayurveda for mild symptoms:
- By doing gentle massage on chest with medicated oil or mustard oil and saindhava lavana to liquify the vitiated kapha dosha.
- Turmeric tea- 1/4 tsp of tumeric powder (pure homemade) with powdered 6-8 pepper boiled in 1 cup of water having once a day
- Eating one Ajwain leave+ 1/2 tsp honer applied on it and having it once a day
- Boiling grated ginger+ 1 cup of water and having once in a day.
- 1 bettle leave+ 2-3 garlic clove+ cloves 1-2 chewing early morning once in a week.
- Bay leaf small or half+ 1/4 tsp pippali powder+ 1/2 tsp honey once in a day.
Panchakarma plays very important role in chronic asthma:
- Planned according to patient Bala
- Snehana, swedana
- Vamana followed by
All procedure planned according to patient symptoms, dosha and severity.
So, Ayurveda guides to reduce acute symptoms with home remedies and some ayurvedic medicines, if asthma attack is severe and chronic, panchakarma procedure helps to relieve symptoms in patients and helps to lead a healthy natural way of life.