Ayurveda Home Remedies for Common Cold
Ayurveda Home Remedies for Common cold is the most common illness, where every age group people are affected.
Healthy adults can be expected to have two or three episodes of cold per year.
Infants and young children have more frequent colds.
Common cold is the most common upper respiratory tract viral infection affects nose and throat.
WHAT TRIGGERS AND CAUSES COMMON COLD:
1)Seasonal changes specially during winter and monsoon
2)Age factors is also common reason
3) pollution and smoke
4) Exposure to virus in a crowd place
5) Rhinovirus are the most common cause spreads through droplets through mouth, eyes or nose.
6) Spreads by hand to hand contact with contaminated person.
SYMPTOMS OF COMMON COLD:
1) Runny or stuffy nose
6)Low grade fever
7) Tiredness, slight body ache
8)loss of appetite
9)headache and heaviness
AYURVEDA HOME REMEDIES FOR COMMON COLD:
- If infants are having common cold breast feeding is best for common cold, breastmilk acts as antiviral and anti-bacterial for common cold. Just apply lukewarm mustard oil on foot, palm and chest.
- For children Tulasi swaras (extract swaras from tulasi leaves) 5ml with pinch of pepper powder + 1/4th tsp of honey helps to ease the symptoms.
- Sipping luke warm water to keep hydrated during cold.
- Boil 1 litre of water with Tulsi leaves, drinking this water helps to fight cold viral, as Tulsi fight against cold viruses and also reduces cough.
- Extract fresh juice from ginger 1tsp mixed with 1/2 tsp honey helps to clear mucus from nose and throat, also treats cough, acts as decongestant.
- Pippali churna 1/4tsp with honey is good for common cold. Pippali controls cough releases mucus and clears airway, acts as decongestant, bronchodilator and expectoran
- Boil water, add pudina leaves, 4 to 5 pepper, clove 3 to 4, Tulsi leaves, pinch of pacha Kapoor, steam inhalation for 2 to 3 minutes helps to release blocked and stuffy nose.
TIPS TO PREVENT COMMON COLD:
Daily diet plays very important role to fight common cold.
Vitamin C rich diet intake.
Haldi (homemade) milk intake daily.
Soup intake (carrot soup, broccoli soup, mixed vegetable soup)
Daily practice of Surya namaskar with breathing pattern maintain respiratory function by maintaining its immunity.
Pranayam practice mainly Kapalabhati and Nadishuddi.
So, our kitchen specially masala box, acts as a mini ayurvedic Home remedies mystery box by holding ingredients which is having medicinal properties against common cold, cough. In our diet daily, some amount of basic kitchen ingredients we consume protects us from so many viruses which we face daily, it boosts our immunity in many ways.
Ayurvedic Online Consultation for Ear Nose and Throat | Cough, Cold, Soar throat