Common hair problems and remedies in Ayurveda
As every individual always feel oneself to look beautiful with the good skin, Common hair problems and remedies in Ayurveda and health.
Also, skin and hair are the indicator of individual health, so it’s always necessary to take care of hairs in all the seasons.
So, it’s important to have balanced food, good life style, nutritious diet, stress free, sleep, hair care for healthy hairs.
What are common causes of Hairfall?
Hereditary causes increase with age.
Underlying medical conditions.
Lack of sleep
Hair treatment with strong cosmetics
What are the common hair problems?
Alopecia Areata is a condition that causes hair fall in patches.
Alopecia Areata is an autoimmune disorder that causes patchy hair loss.
The immune system attacks hair follicles and causes hairfall.
Hair follicles are the small structure in skin that form hair, hair can be lost from any part of the body, usually affects the head and face.
This condition varies from person to person, some have hair loss throughout the life, other may have only one episode.
No cure for Alopecia Areata, treatment to help hair grow back.
Men and women both are equally affected, also in children
Three types of Alopecia Areata
1) Patchy Alopecia Areata.
The most common condition, hair loss happens in one or more-coin sized patches on scalp.
2) Alopecia totalis.
In this condition, people loss all hairs on the scalp.
3) Alopecia universalis.
The complete or nearly complete loss of hair on scalp, face and rest of the body.
Hair loss, usually on scalp.
Hair loss patches in oval or coin shape.
Causes are genetic and environmental.
HAIR LOSS (Alopecia)
Temperary or permanent hair loss on the scalp or on the entire body.
Androgenic alopecia is the male pattern hair loss, it is genetic condition.
Baldness refers to excessive hair loss from the scalp. Hereditary hair loss with age factor is the common cause of baldness.
Hair loss happens in many ways, depending on the causes
1)Gradual thinning on the top of head. This is the commonest type of hair loss, according to age .
2) Sudden loosening of hair.A physical or emotional stress causes this type of hair loss, washing and combing causes more hair fall .
3) Circular or patchy bald spots. Loss of hair in circular or patchy spots on scalp, eyebrows, or beard.
4)Full body hair loss, due to some health condition, treatment like chemotherapy.
Family Hereditary, hormonal changes, medications, stress, any hair treatments are all the causes of hairfall.
What are the do’s and don’ts?
1) Ayurvedic oil massage for hair twice a week.
2)Fruits and Vegetables intake.
3) Sufficient water intake.
4) Yoga and pranayama.
1) Sharp sunlight exposure, hair drying
2) Chemical hair treatments, ironing, hot water bath.
3) Alcohol, smoking.
Important Ayurvedic herbs for hair growth:
Aloevera or Kumari
Home remedies for Hair fall:
1) Soak methi seeds with water overnight , morning mix with curd and grind in to a paste, apply externally on hairs and scalp, helps for hair growth and prevents hair fall.
2) Boil Amalaki, then grind in to paste and apply on hairs and scalp once or twice in a week followed by headbath.
3) Intake of fresh Amla.
4) Apply fresh alovera pulp on scalp and hairs, acts as conditioner and nourishes the hair.
5) Apply coconut oil that is prepared by boiling with methi seeds, curry leaves, dried Amla.
6) Make a paste of Hibiscus leaves and flower, apply on hairs once in a week.
7) Having healthy diet rich in antioxidants like fruits and vegetables.
Yoga is very important to prevent hairfall by boosting physical and mental strength, relieving stress by good sleep and lifestyle.
Nadi shuddhi pranayama Meditation
Pranayama and meditation
To know more, talk to a doctor at Sushain Clinic. Dial +91 6390905275 or Click on ‘Online Consultation Ayurvedic Doctor‘