Ayurveda treatment and tips for kidney stones
Ayurveda treatment and tips for kidney stones Normal routine healthy life running smoothly without any hurdles but suddenly person develops sharp pain around the abdomen and rotates to the back and groin, the pain which is unbearable, that’s nothing but kidney stones or Renal calculi.
What are kidney stones?
Kidney stones are hard stone-like tiny crystals made up of minerals and salts on the interior surface of the kidney, where urine leaves the kidney tissue and enters the urinary tract system.
Kidney stones are also called renal calculi, nephrolithiasis, and urolithiasis.
Urine has various wastes dissolved in it, when there is too much waste in too little liquid, crystal begins to form. The stone-forming chemical is calcium oxalate, urate, cystine, xanthine, and phosphate.
What are the causes?
Insufficient intake of water
A diet rich in protein
Certain medical conditions like
hypercalciuria, obesity, kidney cysts, parathyroid disease, chronic diarrhea.
Urinary tract blockage
Few Medications like Calcium based antacids.
Please post your health issues.
Our Ayurveda expert will get back to you.
The stone may stay in the kidney or travel down the urinary tract into the ureter. Sometimes tiny stones move out of the body in the urine without causing too much pain.
But stones that don’t move may cause a backup of urine in the kidney, ureter, bladder, or urethra, which causes severe pain.
1) Severe pain on either side of the lower back.
2) more vague pain or stomach ache that doesn’t go away.
3) blood in the urine
4) nausea or vomiting
5)fever and chills
6) urine that smells or looks cloudy
There are four types of kidney stones
1) Calcium oxalate:
The most common type of kidney stone which is created by the combination of calcium with oxalate in the urine
Type of kidney stones caused by intake of food such as meat, shellfish have a high concentration of natural chemical known as purines, this causes stones. This type is commonly run in families.
This type of stone is less common, caused by upper urinary tract infection.
This type is rare and tend to run in families.
Eat more fruits and vegetables
Include Horse gram in the diet
Less salt diets.
High protein diet especially
animal protein and fat.
Packed food, fat, fried food.
Sodas, sweetened beverages, alcohol.
How Ayurveda helps to treat kidney stones?
Shamanoushadis (Ayurveda Medication)
treats kidney stones in particular size.
Few Ayurveda remedies and tips to treat kidney stones:
1) keep hydrated, drinking water regularly always treats and prevents kidney stones.
2) coconut water intake and watermelon juice or fresh fruit including seeds intake rich in nutrients and antioxidants, helps to remove small kidney stones and prevent the formation of stones.
3) kulatthi dal or Horse gram, intake in the form of sprouts after boiling prepared like sabzi or dal curry, is very good to treat kidney stones, acts as a diuretic, and also prevents the formation of kidney stones.
4)sugarcane juice intake
5) Bay leaf tea helps to pass kidney stones and prevents the formation of kidney stones.
Eugenol, from bay leaf, acts as a natural anti-inflammatory and reduces pain.
Boiling 200 ml of water with one bay leaf, reducing it to 1/4th, and have this tea once a day.
6) Fresh pomegranate juice intake helps to treat and prevent the formation of kidney stones.
7) Including Banana flowers in the diet is a natural remedy to treat stones, dissolve kidney stones, and also prevent the formation of kidney stones.
Important Ayurvedic herbs for kidney stones:
Yoga that helps to pass the kidney stones and also prevents the formation of kidney stones are