Ayurveda Health Benefits of Sesame Seeds and Oil
Til or sesame seeds are the most common ingredients of food used in kitchen. Black Sesame Ayurvedic seeds are loaded with many health benefits.
Til or sesame Ayurveda oil is a flowering plant, it is farmed for its edible oil rich seeds, which grow in the pods on the sesame indicium plant. Because of its therapeutic actions, til is indicated in many diseases in Ayurveda as a rich source of energy nutrition seed. Black Sesame Ayurveda seeds are used in many dishes according to season to balance the different doshas and Dhatus. So til is the main ingredient to prepare chikki, laddoo, til peanut jaggery mixture, during Makara Sankranti. During this time season changing happens, so consuming white sesame seeds in the diet build and maintain body temperature in the winter and maintains immunity especially during season changing. Sesame seeds rich in antioxidants, minerals are Zinc, Magnesium, copper and calcium, selenium. Also rich in Vitamin B, and vitamin E.
Sesame seeds are rich in antioxidants, minerals like Zinc, Magnesium, copper and calcium, selenium. Also rich in Vitamin B, vitamin E, Vitamin D2, Omega -3 and omega-6 fatty acids that helps to prevent heart diseases and cancer. It is also a rich source of fiber and protein.
Please post your health issues.
Our Ayurveda expert will get back to you.
Health benefits of Sesame seeds and oil:
1) For healthy hairs and skin, daily consumption of til seeds is recommended, soad 1/2 to 1 tsp of sesame seed(white) in water overnight, one can have early in the morning, daily intake improves skin glow and healthy scalp hairs.
Sesame oil have anti-aging properties, so slows down grey hairs by doing massage on scalp, softens the hairs. Also, Ayurveda sesame oil massage on skin improves skin glow by good blood circulation and reduces skin wrinkles.
2) Sesame seeds and oil usage lower cholesterol and triglycerides, thus prevents heart diseases.
3) Sesame seeds support bone strength by supplying calcium, zinc and vitamin D2. Strengthens the bone and supports for strong healthy bones, teeth and hairs.
4) Sesame seeds and oil maintains blood sugar. Sesame seeds and oil are rich in protein, low carbohydrate, rich in Amino acids that is healthy fats. Sesame seeds oil ayurvedic uses acts as natural blood sugar regulator by maintaining blood sugar level.
5) Til is very good for reproductive health. Improve sperm quality in male. Good for regular menstrual cycle in female. Improve quality of ovum, helps to treat PCOD condition.
6) Intake of sesame seeds and oil during menopause is very important to balance calcium production, thus prevents osteoarthritis problems.
7) Controls blood pressure, prevents heart diseases due to its antioxidants and healthy fats.
8) Balances hormonal imbalances like thyroid issues, PCOD.
9) Improves immunity, boosts and gives energy.
10) Sesame seeds and oil anti-inflammatory action helps to heel wound fastly, treats joint inflammation.
12) Boosts immunity due to its antioxidants, fibre, protein content, helps for healthy growth of the kids with healthy skin, hair and bones.
Use sesame seeds as sprinkles on salads. Make healthy chikki or laddoo using sesame. Using sesame oil for cooking have many health benefits.