Ayurveda Treatment for Lipoma
A lipoma treatment is a lump of fat between the skin and the underlying muscle layer. Lipomas grow slowly, are benign and harmless.
A lipoma is a round or oval-shaped mass of tissue that grows just below the layer of skin. It is most easily made up of fat when you touch it. Finding a lump on the body can be scary, but lipomas are harmless and require treatment for cosmetic purposes, even if they are painful and large. Lipomas are common in adults between the ages of 40 and 60.
Ayurveda describes lipoma as a kind of granthi called medoja granthi.
The fallen Vata dosha, Kapha dosha and dushita medha dhatu form lamps that is grunthi called as medoja granthi.
Please post your health issues.
Our Ayurveda expert will get back to you.
What are the causes of lipoma?
• Genetic causes
• Around 2 to 3% of people who develop lipoma have a family history of the condition
• Liver disorders
• Fatty food
• Hormonal imbalance may trigger the condition
What are the symptoms of lipoma?
• Feel soft to touch
• Oval or round shaped fatty lumps they are symmetrical
• Situated just under the skin, commonly occur in neck, shoulders, back, arms, abdomen and thighs
• Painless or sometime painful if lipoma present nearby nerves or if they contain many blood vessels
• Colourless, grow slowly
• Move easily if prodded with your finger
Ayurveda treatment for lipoma without surgery:
Ayurveda itself is a holistic approach for the treatment of all the diseases, so ayurveda mainly aims to the treat the root cause. So, it’s important to balance the vitiated doshas and malas.
Ayurveda treatment plan is based on
Medoja granti or lipoma with small size can be treated with shamana aushadis and also treats the recurrence of lumps and reduces size.
Important herbs used to treat Lipoma are
- Triphala (Amalaki, vibhitaki, Hareetaki)
Udwartana is an Ayurvedic herbal massage technique that uses coarse powders to penetrate deeply and help prevent fat buildup. By balancing the Kapha Dosha, toxins are removed from the body and blood circulation and digestion are improved.
The Udwartana procedure treats lumps by reducing their size and formation. Non-surgical Ayurvedic treatments can help reduce the size of lipomas and stop new lymph nodes from growing.
Panchkarma gives good result in the treatment of lipoma-
• Deepana Paachana
• Sthanika abhyanaga
• Nadi swedana
• kala basti
• Anuvasana basti
• Niruha basti
1. Eating antioxidant-rich fresh fruits and vegetables can help reduce fat storage.
2. All colored foods and vegetables, especially green leafy vegetables.
3. Consumption of nuts and seeds.
4. Avoid white flour, sugar, alcohol, cheese, and other fatty junk foods.
Role of yoga to treat Lipoma:
Yoga also treats and heals lipomas, improves blood circulation, removes toxins from the body and prevents lump formation through continuous yoga practice, especially the 12-step Surya Namaskar practice. Reduces fat accumulation.
Practicing Kapalbhati and his Anuloma viloma pranayama increases and balances breathing patterns and also treats fat mass buildup.
Non-surgical Ayurvedic treatments reduce the size of the lump and prevent it from forming. Ayurvedic medicines relieve symptoms without side effects and have good results, both mentally and physically.