Ayurveda Remedies and Tips to Control Blood Sugar
Managing blood sugar is very important to prevent further complications. Even though the patient is under the medication sometimes blood sugar will be not under control, under this condition patient may start the insulin along with oral medication. It is very important to understand and make an improvement in lifestyle, with the help of diet, Ayurveda remedies, yoga and Pranayama. So, it is important to keep your blood sugar under control as much as possible to prevent or to delay long-term health problems like heart disease, vision problems, kidney disease and neuropathy.
Please post your health issues.
Our Ayurveda expert will get back to you.
How Diet helps to control blood sugar?
Always by Making choice of healthy food can bring your blood glucose under control and in normal range. Healthy eating always helps to maintain Healthy weight, reduce blood sugar value by reducing the complications. Diet cannot be planned in a particular way, but can be planned based on nutrient value all the veggies and fruits by selecting limited choice of healthy carbohydrates mixed combinations of proteins, healthy fats and minerals. Diet plan varies from individual to individual depending upon their health status that is prakruthi.
General choice of food to control blood sugar levels are:
• Dark green leafy vegetables.
• Nuts and seeds like pumpkin seeds, Chia seeds, flaxseeds, peanuts, almonds, Pista Jose, cashews, walnuts, as they are rich in fibre , healthy fats and carbohydrates, proteins and antioxidants.
• Rice can be included as a part of the diet in a balance quantity preferred to select unpolished rice.
• Kidney beans or black beans are rich in vitamin and minerals.
• Citrus fruits.
• Whole grains.
Omega-3 fatty acid rich food like fish that helps to reduce the risk of heart disease. As Fish is high in healthy fat, avoid deep fried fish to accumulate extra fat. It’s important to select the method of cooking to increase the richness of nutrients like baking, grilling and steam cooking to be preferred. Berries like blueberries or strawberries are rich in antioxidants, vitamin C and fibre. Also satisfied taste of sweet with this natural sweetness added with the benefit of vitamin C and vitamin K.
Ayurveda herbs and home remedies to control blood sugar level-
• Daily intake of fresh Amalaki helps to control Blood sugar level.
• Drinking herbal turmeric tea, homemade turmeric powder boiled in water reduced to half quantity adding a slice of lemon helps to control blood sugar level .
• Giloy or guduchi khada, Boiling the Stem with water and pinch of turmeric reducing it to half quantity taking 30 ML daily helps to control blood sugar level also prevents the complications by improving individual immunity.
• Intake of Aloe vera juice early morning in empty stomach.
• Moringa or drum stick leaves rich in nutrients, helps to control the blood sugar level so can be included in the diet in roti or with Dal.
• Methi or fenugreek seeds half tsp soaked in water Overnight, early morning intake in empty stomach is very good to maintain weight and blood sugar.
• Blackberry or Jamun, to be consumed fresh when it is available according to the season, Also the seeds are having antidiabetic property to reduce the blood sugar naturally, seeds to be dried and powdered, can be used by boiling in 80ml of water reducing to 20ml, intake of 20 ML of the khada daily is advised.
So, by following diet and Ayurveda remedies definitely blood sugar level can be controlled in a systematic way and also pre-Diabetic stage can be treated and cured.