Ayurveda treatment for Acne (pimples) according to Herbal Remedies
Skin is the indication of individual health condition. Each and every individual is fond of their skin and its treatments, and want healthy, glowing skin all the time. One such skin condition that is noticeable in both teens and adults is pimples or acne that result in lesions that result in dark spots. One should take Ayurveda treatment for acne (pimples).
Acne or Acne vulgaris is also called as pimples or zits. Acne is caused by blocked hair follicles and sebaceous glands of the skin, often triggered by hormonal changes as per age. Bacteria and hormones cause acne, most commonly on the face, chest, neck, and back. Acne Starts around 12 years of age.
1) Painful lump beneath the skin called nodules.
2) Tender red bumps called papules.
3) Blackheads are open plugged pores
4) Whiteheads are closed plugged pores.
What are the causes?
• Blocked hair follicles
• Too much oily skin
• Bacterial infection
• Hormonal changes
• Age factor
Please post your health issues.
Our Ayurveda expert will get back to you.
Ayurveda explain Acne or pimples as “Mukhadushika”, caused due to the vitiation of vata dosha, kapha dosha and rakta dhatu resulting in the formation of Mukhadushika that looks like shalmalikantakara similar to thorns of shalmali with shopha( swelling), ruk (pain), daha(burning sensation),vedana(pain), kandu ( itching).
As acne or pimples accurs in young age so it is also called as youvanapidika (boils formed on face in young age).
What is do’s and don’ts?
• Drinking plenty of water
• Fruits and vegetables intake
• Having light food
• Washing face frequently with normal water
• Regular steam for the face followed by gentle massage
• Daily practice of yoga and pranayam for healthy skin
• Fat, fried, spicy food like meat
• Tea, coffee beverages
• Exposure to dust, chemicals
• Touching and itching of pimples with nails
• Make up cosmetics usage
• Lack of exercise
• Smoking, alcohol
Ayurveda treatment for pimples or acne:
• Ayurveda Treatment for pimples is planned basically to treat vitiated dosha vata and kapha, also to treat vitiated rakta dhatu. Snehana swedana followed by vamana and Virechana to remove vitiated doshas.
• Lepana, application of medicated churna on face like kumkumadi lepa, raktachandana churna lepa, eladi churna, chandanaadi lepa.
• Shamanoushadis that is intake of internal medicines.
Important herbs used to treat Acne:
Ayurvedic medicines for pimples (acne) mainly aims to balance vitiated doshas, improve glow of skin, purification of blood and remove dead cells by detoxification.
Role of yoga to treat Acne or pimples:
Yoga helps to remove excess oil from Skin by maintaining healthy condition of Skin by improving blood circulation, regulation of hormones, good sleep, so yoga improves quality of life.
• Surya namaskar
• Practicing pranayama improve glow of the skin
• Anuloma viloma
• Sheetkari pranayama