Ayurvedic Treatment for PCOD/PCOS
The lifestyle we live, the food, physical activity, water intake, and sleep play a very important role in balancing all doshas and being in healthy status. As PCOS, polycystic ovarian is one of the common hormonal imbalance health issues, that if left untreated may be a main cause of infertility and other health issues.
Every woman from the stage of menarche to menopause has to face many ups and downs in their health due to disturbances in the hormones. So, it’s very important to take care of Reproductive health in all stages of life of the woman and take polycystic ovarian symptoms and treatment. The main cause of disturbed Menstrual cycle, Infertility, and hormonal imbalance in the reproductive age is PCOS.
What is PCOS?
PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) is a metabolic disorder in which the woman is affected by hormonal imbalances in their reproductive years.
What are the causes?
• High levels of androgens prevent the ovaries from releasing eggs
• Thyroid imbalance
• Insulin resistance
Please post your health issues.
Our Ayurveda expert will get back to you.
What are the common symptoms of PCOS?
• Irregular menstruation
• Absence of menstruation (amenorrhea)
• Heavy menstrual bleeding
• Excessive hair growth
• Acne on the face chest and back
• Hair loss or thinning of hair
• Darkening of the skin around the neck
• Breast tenderness
Ayurveda treatment for PCOS
Ayurveda aims to treat the root cause of the condition by relieving the symptoms and treating the condition. The aim of Ayurveda with the treatment is to detoxify, normalize hormonal levels, boost the reproductive system, treat insulin resistance, and Management of weight. Panchakarma plays a very important role in treating the symptoms of PCOS and also treating the conditions like Infertility, amenorrhea, and menorrhagia. Polycystic ovary syndrome treatments in Ayurveda require Panchakarma treatment depending upon the dosha dominant and symptom of the individual, Shodhana is planned.
• Uttar Basti
Diet to be followed
• Intake of fruits like avocado, plums, orange berries, and all the seasonal fruits.
• Intake of fresh vegetables especially leafy vegetables
• Nuts like Almond, walnuts, raisins, and sunflower seeds
• Having food at the proper time
• Light and early dinner
• Having food after the digestion of the previous meal
• Avoid sugar, salt, beverages, smoking, and alcohol
• Avoid dairy products and bakery food
• Having the food at the proper time and in the proper quantity
Ayurveda herbs for PCOS
Yoga to Treat PCOS
Yoga is a holistic approach for boosting reproductive health, and balancing Hormones, practicing yoga continuously helps to reduce testosterone levels. Practicing yoga and pranayama builds mental strength, and relieves anxiety, and mood swing changes. Asanas indicated are-
• Surya Namaskar practice daily to improve overall health and especially to treat PCOS and to balance vitiated doshas by balancing hormones.
• Titli asanas (butterfly pose)
• Viparita konasana
So, with the support of our ancient system of medicine, diet, and lifestyle changes, yoga definitely gets rid of symptoms and treatment of PCOS, also can relieve the systems by boosting physical and mental health by following a healthy way of life.