Ayurveda treatment for Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) is an Infection in any part of the urinary system, part of the urinary system includes kidney, bladder, ureters, and urethra. Bacteria are the most common cause of UTIs. E. coli bacteria in the bowel is the most common cause of UTI. Ayurvedic treatment for urinary tract infections helps to get over this.
Women are at risk of developing UTI Infection, due to female anatomy as the urethral opening is close to the bladder, and also closer to the anus. So, the chances for bacteria around the anus to enter the urethra and reach the bladder is more, so it’s more common in women. There are many herbal home remedies for urine infection in Ayurveda.
What are the causes of UTI?
• E. coli bacteria is the common cause.
• Age factor, older age.
• Kidney stones.
• Weakened immune system.
• Prolonged use of urinary catheters, that cause bacteria to get into your bladder easily.
• Urinary tract blockages due to kidney stones, enlarged prostate, and prostate cancer.
• Previous UTI
• Birth control
Please post your health issues.
Our Ayurveda expert will get back to you.
What are the symptoms of UTI?
• Frequent urination
• Dysuria (Pain while passing urine)
• Hematuria (Blood in urine)
• Urine urge incontinence
• Pressure in the lower part of the abdomen with pain in the lower back
• Cloudy, foul smell Urine
• If severe may be associated with Fever with chills
• Pain in the penis
• Nausea, vomiting
Types of UTI
Symptoms depend on which part of the urinary tract is affected:
1) kidneys (Pyelonephritis)- Back or side pain
2) High fever, chills, nausea, vomiting.
3) Bladder (Cystitis) Pelvic pressure, lower belly discomfort, frequent urination.
4) Urethra (Urethritis)- Burning micturition.
• Urine Routine
• Urine culture
• CT scan
Ayurvedic Treatment for Urine Infection (UTI) refers to UTI as Mutrakricchra, specially pittaja Mutrakricchra, caused due to vitiation of pitta dosha, aggregated dosha affects mutavaha strotas, causes bacterial growth leads to Mutrakricchra. Mutrakricchra refers to difficulty in passing urine associated with pain due to apana vayu, a burning sensation due to pitta dosha.
Ayurvedic Treatment for UTI and Home Remedies for Urine Infection:
Many are having a history of repeated UTI, Ayurveda treatment for urine infection helps to relieve the recurrence of UTI, and also prevents UTI. Ayurvedic medicine for urine infection plays a very important role in the treatment of kidney stones, which is the cause of repeated UTI.
1) Panchakarma treatment is given for repeated UTI and depending upon underlying medical conditions that cause UTI Infection.
2)Intake of tender coconut water daily, helps to remove toxins and bacteria from the body by keeping the body hydrated.
3)Barley water, wash and soak barley overnight and the next day cook with a sufficient quantity of water after cooking, filter the barley cooked water, and have this water all throughout the day, this reduces bacteria growth, and a burning sensation.
4) Diet plays a very important role in the treatment and prevention of UTI.
• Intake of a sufficient quantity of water is a natural remedy for UTI.
• Include barley, green gram, amla, cow ghee, buttermilk in the diet.
• Intake of fresh seasonal fruits and green leafy vegetables.
• Avoid spicy, fried, heavy food items, sour, bitter rich foods.
5) Important Ayurveda herbs to treat UTI Infection.
• Punarnava- It is an anti-inflammatory, diuretic herb, treats infection caused due to UTI, treats and prevents UTI and kidney stones.
• Gokshura- Gokshura treats inflammation, also acts as a diuretic, balances the vitiated pitta dosha, supports kidney function, and treats UTI Infection.
• Amalaki- Amalaki acts as Rasayana, an anti-inflammatory, and increases immunity against the bacteria that cause UTI.
• Guduchi- Guduchi supports the immune system of the body. Acts as an analgesic and reduces fever. Daily intake in recommended dose treats and prevent recurrent UTI.
Yogasanas and pranayam can be practiced to prevent Urinary Tract Infection Treatment are-
• Surya namaskars
• Kapalbhati and bhastrika pranayama.