Ayurvedic Treatment Frozen Shoulder
The shoulder is made up of three bones that form a socket and ball, including the humerus, scapula, and clavicle (collar bone). There is also tissue surrounding the shoulder joint that holds everything together called as shoulder capsule. Ayurvedic treatment frozen shoulder helps to overcome the Frozen shoulder which is a condition that affects shoulder joints. It involves pain and stiffness that develops gradually and also reduces. Ayurvedic treatment frozen shoulder and ayurvedic medicine for frozen shoulder is an excellent choice for addressing the pain associated with Frozen Shoulder.
What are the causes of frozen shoulder:
1. Frozen shoulder occurs when the shoulder capsule thickens and tightens around the shoulder joint resulting in restricted movement. To get rid of this one should go with the best Ayurvedic medicine for frozen shoulder.
2. Age factor particularly in women above 40 years old.
3. People with prolonged immobilisation due to injury.
4. Medical conditions like paralysis, diabetes, and mastectomy.
5. Occupational causes like in drivers, and weight lifters due to strain and overuse of the joints.
Please post your health issues.
Our Ayurveda expert will get back to you.
What are the symptoms?
Symptoms start in three stages
1) Freezing stage
• Pain develops sometimes severely in the shoulder at any time with movement.
• Pain slowly gets worse over time.
• This stage can last from 6 to 9 months.
2) Frozen stage
• Pain might get better but stiffness gets worse.
• Movement of the shoulder becomes more difficult and hampers daily activities.
• This stage lasts for 4 to 12 months.
3) Thrawing stage
• Range of movement starts to go back to normal.
• This stage can take from 6 months to 2 years.
• Ayurveda explains frozen shoulder as Apabahuka , which affects the Amsa sandhi( Shoulder joint), caused due to vata dosha.
• Amsa shosha is considered as the beginning stage, which is wasting of the shoulder, kapha dosha causes stiffness.
• X- ray
Ayurveda treatment for frozen shoulder:
As Apabahuka is kapha vata dominant vatavyadhi, so the treatment plan is done accordingly.
• Shashtika shaali pinda sweda
Herbs and oils used to treat frozen shoulder:
• Prasaranyadi taila
• Mahanarayana taila
• Dhanwantari taila
• Bapa taila
• Kottamchukkadi taila
Yoga to treat frozen shoulder:
• Yoga helps to reduce stiffness, and pain and improve the movement of joints by reducing rigidity.
• Yoga helps to reduce stress and tension in the shoulder area and improves mobility.
• Asana helps to treat frozen shoulders are