Migraine Treatment in Ayurveda
Many people’s daily routine is disturbed by headaches, if it’s not treated initially then it may lead to other health issues and difficulty in completing their work and daily routine. One such common problem is migraine. Migraine treatment in Ayurveda and Ayurvedic medicine for migraine should be taken.
What is a Migraine?
A migraine is a headache that can cause severe throbbing pain, a pulsating sensation commonly on one side of the head. Usually accompanied by nausea, vomiting also sensitivity to light and sound.
What Causes Migraine Headaches?
• Suppression of natural urges.
• Lack of sleep
• Stress, anxiety
• Eye strain continues exposure to screen
• Increased exposure to sharp sunlight
• Migraine headache in women is also very common due to hormonal imbalance,
• Poor diet, exertion, lack of sleep, stress, and anxiety during the menstrual cycle also causes migraine headache in women.
Please post your health issues.
Our Ayurveda expert will get back to you.
What are the Symptoms?
Symptoms varies from person to person. Common symptoms are
• Nausea, sometimes vomiting
• Throbbing or pulsating pain on one side
• Sensitivity to sound and light
• Episodes of pain
• Blurred vision
• Lack of appetite
In Ayurveda migraine is called Suryavartha, Surya means sun, avartha means blockage, the aggravation of pain with light that is with an intensity of sunrays and heat. Pitta is the aggravated dosha with vata causes headaches.
Migraine Treatment Ayurveda and Management for Migraine Headache
The main aim of Ayurveda is to treat vitiated dosha, if the symptoms are severe panchakarma treatment gives maximum benefits.
1) Lifestyle Changes
Changes in diet with Freshly prepared homemade food at the proper time without skipping of meals. Reducing screen time, sleeping at the proper time, and spending time with nature. A few minute lifestyle changes help to relieve the symptoms.
Panchakarma helps to balance vitiated doshas.
• Shiro Abhyanga
The Above Procedure Treats and Relieves Episodes of Migraine Headaches.
3) Ayurveda Herbs
Important Ayurvedic herbs used for Migraine headaches are
4) Remedies for Migraine Headache:
• Intake of water
• Relax in a quiet room
• Have ginger tea, ginger boiled in a cup of water, and sip it.
• Intake of fruits
• Gentle head massage with oil
5)Ahara vihara (Diet and activities)
Do’s and Dont’s
• Intake of fresh fruits and vegetables at proper intervals of time.
• Intake of fibrous food to regularise Bowel and prevent constipation
• Practice of yoga and pranayam daily
• Fat, fried, spicy food that triggers the migraine headache
• Dried, junk food
• Lack of sleep
• Avoiding natural urges
• Smoking and alcohol
6)Yoga and Pranayama
Practicing yoga and pranayam daily not only treats migraine headaches but also reduces episodes of pain and symptoms.
• Prasarita padottanasana
• Pranayama are
• Kapala bhati
• Nadi shuddhi
By following the diet, and lifestyle changes, with migraine treatment in Ayurveda and Ayurvedic medicine for migraine, daily yoga, and pranayam practice migraine headaches can be treated.