Ayurvedic Treatment for Anal Fissure
Anal fissures are small tears in the thin, moist tissue that lines the anal region. The anus is the muscular opening at the end of the digestive tract where stool exits from the body. Anal fissures are common in young children but can also affect people of all age groups. Anal Fissure treatment at home helps to get rid of this.
Anal Fissures are a common problem in the anorectal region. A fissure in anal is a painful anorectal condition that hampers the daily routine activities of the individual. The term fissure means ‘ a split or crack’ on the layer of skin around the anal region.
According to ayurvedic treatment for fissure, Anal fissures are called Parkartika. Parikartika means Kartanvat pida (Cutting-like pain), commonly seen in young children and pregnant women. According to Ayurvedic treatment for fissure causes of parikartika are udavarta, Arsha, and arisara.
Please post your health issues.
Our Ayurveda expert will get back to you.
What are the Causes of Anal Fissure Treatment?
• Hard stool
• Sedentary lifestyle
• Spicy, less fiber diet
• Less intake of water
• Long-lasting diarrhea
• Straining during bowel movement
• Secondary causes like Crohn’s disease
What are the Symptoms of Anal Fissures?
• Sharp pain while passing bowel.
• Burning sensation or itching while passing bowel
• Fresh blood with bowel
• Visible tear in the skin around your anus
• A skin tag or small lump of skin, next to the tear
Ayurvedic Treatment for Anal Fissures:
• Parikartika or anal fissures is caused due to vitiation of vata and pitta dosha, so ayurvedic treatment for fissure i.e. anal fissures treatment is given to reduce vata and pitta dosha.
• Shamanoushadis are given to treat constipation and to ease the bowel.
• Avagahana (sitz bath)
• Jathyadi taila application and Pichu to the anal region.
• Kshara sutra
Ayurveda Herbs for Anal Fissure Treatment at Home:
Remedies, Diet, and Lifestyle Changes for Anal Fissure Treatment at Home are:
1) Intake of buttermilk daily
2) Luke warm Saltwater sitz bath, sitting in a tub filled with Luke warm salt water for 10 twice a day
3) Aloe vera pulp application locally
4) coconut oil application locally
5) Luke’s warm water intake daily early morning
6) Mimosa pudica or a humble plant boiled with 2 cups of water reduced to 1/4th have it twice a day 30 ml helps to relieve inflammation, bleeding, and pain.
7) Intake of fresh fruits and vegetables daily in the diet.
8) Diet should always be fiber-rich, Intake of cow ghee with cow milk.
9) Avoid sitting for long periods, intake of spicy fat and salty food, lack of physical activity, coffee, tea, beverages, lack of sleep at night, and packed food intake.
10) Avoid straining while passing bowel.
Role of Yoga for Anal Fissure Treatment at Home:
• Ayurvedic treatment for fissure includes Regular practice of yoga results in lifestyle changes by improving the quality of life, by improving circulation.
• Improves digestion, relieves constipation.
• Strengthens abdominal muscles, and reduces stress.
Yoga Asanas for Anal Fissure Treatment at Home:
3. Viparita karani
6. Adhomukha shwanasana