Arthritis- Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, Yoga & Diet
Arthritis is caused due to an autoimmune disorder, where the joints and tissues around the joints experience inflammation leading to severe pain. This autoimmune system can also affect other organs of the human body such as the liver, kidney, heart, and lungs.
What are the causes of arthritis?
The major causes of arthritis are:
- Autoimmune disorder
- Joint injury or chronic strain on the joint
What are the common symptoms of arthritis?
The common symptoms of arthritis include:
- Pain and stiffness
- Brittleness of bone
Arthritis is one of the autoimmune disorders that need to be treated with utmost care. Always opt for experienced ayurvedic doctors to achieve good results. Online ayurvedic consultation is today made possible by sushianclinic.com which has the most experienced ayurvedic doctors on board.
Home Remedies to Ease Arthritis Pain
Here are a bunch of home remedies to relieve you from the arthritis pain:
- Ajwain : Readily available in kitchen it one of the best ayurvedic medicine
- Dashmool : It is a sankrut word where Dash means"10" and mool means "Root" . So essenmtially it is combination of 10 dried roots. The Dashmools are ‘5 Brihat Panchamoola’ (i.e. Bilva, Agnimantha, Kashmari, Shyonaka, and Patala) which are obtained from large trees and ‘5 Laghu Panchamoola’, (i.e. Sarivan, Kantakari, Shalaparni, Prishniparni and Gokhru) which are obtained from smaller shrubs.
- Eucalyptus : Applying eucalyptus oil on the joints and affected areas reduces pain and inflamation in case of rheumatoid arthritis
- Nirgundi: Its potent anti-inflammatory, anti-convulsing and anti-oxidant properties help the joints recover their healthy state
- Ginger: is very common medicinal root availble in indian kitchens and ginger extract is able to improve osteoarthritis in knees when applied topically. Participants applied ginger extract three times per day for 12 weeks
Diet to ease Arthritis
Diet plays a crucial role in protecting your body. Here are a few items you must include in your diet.
- Omega 3 fatty acids.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables for antioxidants.
- Ginger and turmeric for their anti-inflammatory property.
- Nuts for good protein.
Yoga Asana For Arthritis
- Virabhadrasana or Warrior pose
- Vrikshasana /Tree Pose
- Trikonasana/ Triangle Pose: