Digestive Disorders - Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, Yoga & Diet
When digestive acids in your stomach travel back through the esophagus, you tend to experience chest burn, burping, bloating, and bad breath, all of these could be signs that you are experiencing acid reflux.
What are the Causes of Acid Reflux?
- An imbalance in Pitta Dosha.
- Overconsumption of processed and fast food
- Unhealthy Diet
- Stressful Lifestyle
- Regular smoking and drinking
What are the Symptoms of Acid Reflux?
- Chest pain
- Taste of sour liquid
What are the Natural Home Remedies for Digestive Issues/ Acid Reflux?
- Clove: Improves saliva production that soothes heartburn.
- Shatavari: To be consumed with milk.
- Mint Leaves: Reduces heat sensation in the stomach.
- Amalaki: Infused in water
What is the preferred diet to ease Acid Reflux?
- Follow Alkaline diet
- Avoid citric fruits
- Eat meals at regular intervals and avoid fasting.
- Avoid spicy and oily food
What Treatment does Ayurveda offer for Acid Reflux?
Ayurvedic treatments such as Palliative and Panchakarma are carried out in prolonged acid reflux discomfort. These treatments are targeted at pacifying the aggravated pitta and restoring balance in the body. Online Ayurvedic Consultation for Constipation, IBS, Gastro Prblems, Acidity and other Digestive disorders is now available on Sushianclinic.com which is a platform that offers 360 degree Ayurvedic health needs. Digestive disorders like constipation can be reversed with Ayurveda. Consult Online Ayurvedic doctor for IBS on sushainclinic.com.
Yoga to Ease Digestive Issues
- Parsva Sukhasana
- Ardha Matsyendrasana
- Supta Matsyendrasana
REFLUX DISEASE (GERD)
- GERD is a condition where stomach contents move backwards or reflux from the stomach to oesophagus.
- Reflux is a normal process that may happen in people who have no worry symptoms of acid reflux.
- GERD is diagnosed in patients who have episodes of acid reflux that cause trouble some symptoms.
- Heart burn
- Chest pain
- Feeling of food caught in throat
- Nausea and vomitting
- Sore throat and hoarseness
- weight management
- Eat small, frequent meals
- Dinner and sleeping time gap should be of minimum 3 hours gap.
- Intake of seasonal fruits and vegetables.
- Oily, fat foods
- Smoking, alcohol.
- Sleeping immediately after food intake
- over eating
- Coffee, tea, beverages.
IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME (IBS)
IBS is a group of symptoms that affect digestive system.
Symptoms varies from person to person.
- pain or bloating in the abdomen during bowel movements.
- Diarrhoea in IBS usually occurs during the day and after meals
- Changes in stool appearance.
- Constipation sometimes and fatigue.
- Healthy diet, freshly prepared at home.
- List of food, after having if any symptoms develop avoid it.
- Daily 29 mins walking.
- Yoga practice - Dhanurasana, Matsyendrasana, Vajrasana.
- Irregular food habit
- Alcohol, coffee, soda, dairy and fat foods
- Foods which cause symptoms.
CROHN'S disease is type of inflammatory bowel disease causing inflammation and ulcers in any part of the digestive tract.
This is a chronic condition where symptoms may develop gradually or suddenly.
Low fibre diet
prepared vegetables at home
sufficient water intake
pranayam and meditation
- Loose watery stools and more frequent bowel movements, may be or may not be associated with nausea, abdominal pain, weight loss.
- When diarrhoea lasts beyond few days in some person's, it may indicate IBS.
- Abdominal pain
- Bloating, nausea, vomitting
- mucus in stool
- Light liquid food to eat so person Agni gets stimulated.
- Buttermilk, coconut water
- Apple, plain white rice
- Water intake
- Heavy fatty, spicy and fried foods.
- Alcohol, coffee, beverages.
- Tinned and ready to eat foods .
- Ulcerative Colitis is a type of inflammatory bowel desease.
- It causes ulcers, irritation and inflammation in the lining of colon and rectum.
- Loss of appetite
- Presence of mucus in stools
- Weight loss
- Urgency to defecate
- Abdominal pain and cramping.
- According to location, it is classified in to different types. They are
- Ulcerative Proctitis
- Inflammation is near to anus, rectal bleeding is the symptom in this condition.
- Inflammation of lower end of colon (rectum and sigmoid colon). Symptoms is abdominal pai, loose stool with blood.
- Left sided Colitis
- Cramps on the left side of the abdomen affecting rectum and portion of the colon on left side of the body.
- Acidity is caused due to production of large amount of acid from the gastric glands.
- This acid reflux commonly known as acidity in which stomach acid flow back to oesophagus.
- Burning sensation in the chest, stomach and throat.
- Heaviness in the stomach after eating
- Regurgitation of undigested food
- Nausea and vomitting
- Bad breath
- Frequent food, ontime eating
- Water intake
- Fruits and vegetables
- Buttermilk with jeera powder
- Yoga- Vajrasana, pwanamuktasana, Ushtraasana.
- Pranayam- Kapalabhati, Nadishuddi
- Over eating
- Skipping meals
- Tea, coffee, cold drinks
- Junk , oily , spicy food
- Smoking, alcohol
- Having food before previous food digestion